The primary responsibility of the Collection Development unit is to select library materials needed to support the educational and research mission of the University of Colorado at Boulder. The Collection Development department develops the Libraries' collections of electronic resources and print materials, allocates the collections budget, and formulates collection development policies.
The department supports a large number of subject Bibliographers, who in addition to providing materials selection, also perform faculty liason and student outreach activities to ensure that collections are responsive to users' needs.
The Library contributes to joint purchases made by the following groups:
- Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
- University of Colorado System
- Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA)
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC)
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
Toolkit for Bibliographers
Click on the to expand the category.