To judge how well you understand general and campus-specific copyright issues, we recommend that you take the following quiz. Answers to all of the questions can be found at the bottom of this page.
1. What is generally protected by copyright law?
2. When is a work copyrighted?
3. Which of the following is a legitimate personal use of a copyrighted work?
4. Which act provides liability protection for online service providers, if they have procedures for addressing copyright violations?
5. Which of the following are legal ways to get music?
6. Which of the following statements about fair use is true?
7. The University of Colorado at Boulder scans its networks for copyright violations.
8. Depending on the situation, a single copyright violation at CU-Boulder may be sufficient for immediate and permanent suspension of network access privileges.
9. A computing and network resource user on campus can demonstrate that a notification of copyright violation was unwarranted, and have all record of that notification deleted.
10. In the case of a third notification that a computing and network resource user has violated a copyright holder’s rights, the Campus Copyright Committee convenes to decide what will happen to the user.
1e; 2b; 3c; 4a; 5d; 6d; 7b; 8a; 9a; 10b.