Isle of Man
(British Crown Dependency)
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Manx Government Information
- Council of Ministers
- Isle of Man Census: The Treasury Department
- Lord of Man (Queen Elizabeth): Constitutional Monarch and Head of State
- Manx National Heritage
- Tynwald: The Parliament of the Isle of Man
Crown Dependencies Information
- BBC News Territory Profile - Isle of Man
A guide to history, politics and economic background of countries from BBC News.
- CIA World Factbook - Isle of Man
Country profile provides information on country background, geography, people, government, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues.
- British Government and Politics on the Internet (University of Keele) provides a detailed list of government web sites, as well as political and election web sites related to government.
- British History Online is a digital library containing some of the core printed primary and secondary sources for the medieval and modern history of the British Isles.
- British and Irish Legal Information provides access to cases and legislation from the United Kingdom and links to law journals and other law-related information.
- Britannia: England, UK, Wales and Scotland includes history, monarchs, travel, newspapers, and a description of the government and parliamentary process, links to government servers, maps, and other information.
- CD-ROMs available on computers in the Government Publications library:
- British Parliamentary Papers 1990- Readex index to Official Documents and Command Papers of the British Parliament. There is an online guide to printed indexes.
- Calendar of State Papers, Colonial: North America and the West Indies, 1574-1739 This CD-ROM includes documents from 1574-1739 in over 40,000 transcripts and extended abstracts. This material covers a wide range of subject areas, including: correspondence to and from colonial governors; orders and grants from central government to local administration; information from the localities; information about the slave trade and piracy, and much more.
- Indexes of British Parliamentary Papers, 1801-1945 Bruise Shoin index to Official Documents and Command Papers of the British Parliament. House of Commons: 1801-1944/45. House of Lords: 1801-1922. Includes biographical information on members of Parliament. There is an online guide to printed indexes.
- Indexes of House of Commons Parliamentary Papers, 1801-2000 This Chadwick-Healey database contains the first cumulative index of all House of Commons parliamentary papers published from 1801 to the current decade. It draws together material from Chadwick-Healey's Subject Catalogue of the House of Commons parliamentary papers 1801-1900, the House of Commons decennial indexes covering the period 1900-1979, and data from the Parliamentary Online Information Service (POLIS) Database from 2001 onwards. There is an online guide to printed indexes.
- UKOP: United Kingdom Official Publications A single source of information on the publications of official documents published by HMSO or directly by official organizations in the UK, from 1980 onwards. Also included are publications of international organizations distributed by HMSO
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
Department of Defense Scientific and Technical Reports Collection provides access to citations to unclassified unlimited documents that have been entered into DTIC's Technical Reports (TR) Database, as well as the electronic full-text of many of these documents.
- Early English Books Online CU Searchable full text of over 12,000 EEBO titles chosen from the New Cambridge Bibliography of English Literature. Many are also included in EEBO. Additional titles are added monthly. When complete, EEBO-TCP will contain 25,000 texts.
- Empire Online CU This database contains 70,000 original documents relating to Empire Studies. These documents cover the from 1492-1962 and are accompanied by essays and biographies from leading scholars.
Free database provides access to European Union treaties, legislation, case-law, parliamentary questions, legislative proposals, the Official Journal of the European Union, and the European Court Reports.
Statistical data and publications from the European Commission.
- Global Legal Information Network (GLIN)
"Public database of official texts of laws, regulations, judicial decisions, and other complementary legal sources contributed by governmental agencies and international organizations."
- History, Europe - Primary Sources CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering primary resources from Europe.
- History, Europe - Secondary Sources CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering secondary resources from Europe.
- International Area Studies Europe CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering Europe.
- International Area Studies Statistics CU
Collection of international statistics databases from the University of Colorado.
- LexisNexis Academic Country & Region Reports CU
News, country briefings, and country risk guides. Filter by country or choose "Country & Region Reports" from publication type.
- Spartacus Encyclopedia of British History 1700-1950 a free resource for all students of British history. The encyclopedia currently contains over 2,000 entries and is an attempt to show the history of Britain through the eyes of people from all levels of society.
- Time Digital Archive, 1785-1985 CU Searchable access to the complete backfile of The Times (London), available in full page images.
- World dataBank
Contains data from the World Bank, including the World Development Indicators & Global Development Finance, Gender Statistics, Education Statistics, Health Nutrition and Population Statistics, African Development Indicators, Global Economic Monitor, and Millennium Development Goals. Users can select variables (some going as far back as 1960) to create customized tables, charts, maps, and reports.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Diplomacy, Programs and Aid
- ReliefWeb - Isle of Man
ReliefWeb, administered by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), provides news, documents, maps, and background information on emergency assistance by country.
- Defense is the responsibility of the United Kingdom
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on the Isle of Man available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook, the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources isle of man and econom* isle of man and econom* isle of man and histor* isle of man and histor* isle of man and politic* isle of man and politic* isle of man (government publications only) isle of man (government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog