Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Maldivian Government Information
- Attorney-General's Office
- Ministry of Communication Science and Technology
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Energy and Water
- Ministry of Finance and Treasury
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Arts
- Ministry of Planning and National Development
- Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Transport and Communication
- Ministry of Women's Affairs and Social Security
- The National Library of Maldives
- People's Majlis (Parliament) - Republic of Maldives
- President's Office - Republic of Maldives
- Australian Government - Maldives
Country profile, economic and trade information, and foreign relations from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- BBC News Profile - The Maldives
A guide to history, politics and economic background of countries from BBC News.
- CIA World Factbook - Maldives
Country profile provides information on country background, geography, people, government, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues.
- FAO and the Maldives
Information on economic and agricultural issues from the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). It also has a good selection of maps.
- Human Development Report on the Maldives
Provides quick statistics on human development, economy, labor force, and population from the United Nations Development Programme.
- IAEA - Maldives
Country factsheet on multilateral and safeguard agreements from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- IMF - Maldives
Country information, reports and publications from the International Monetary Fund.
- India Foreign Relations Brief - Maldives
Country briefs from India's Ministry of External Affairs.
- ITC - Maldives
Country-specific trade and market profiles, map, and trade statistics from the International Trade Centre (ITC).
- Library of Congress - Maldives
Country portal and resources compiled by the Library of Congress subject experts.
- OHCHR - Maldives
Country background, treaties, reporting status, calendar of events and publications related to human rights from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR).
- UNESCO Worldwide - Maldives
Highlights cooperation between the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and its Member States.
- UNESCO Communication & Information - Maldives
Country profile, news and links to related projects and websites.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics - Maldives
A selection of national statistics on education, literacy, science and technology, culture, and communication.
- UNESCO Office New Delhi
Cluster Office representing UNESCO in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- UNESCO World Heritage - Maldives
Cultural and natural heritage properties and documents on the World Heritage List.
- UNESCO Communication & Information - Maldives
- UNFPA Country Profile - Maldives
"The United Nations Population Fund ( UNFPA) supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect."
- UNFPA - Maldives
Country program for Maldives.
- UNFPA - Maldives
- United Kingdom's Foreign and Commonwealth Office - Maldives
Country profile covering history, politics, economy, human rights, relations with the UK, and travel.
- United Nations Country @ a Glance - Maldives
Country overview, news, economy, environment, health and technology from the United Nations Cyberschoolbus.
- United Nations Statistics Division: Environment Snapshot - Maldives
Country snapshots offer national environment statistics.
- United Nations Statistics Division: National Accounts - Maldives
"Statistics database contains a complete and consistent set of time series from 1970 onwards of main national accounts aggregates for all UN Members States and all other countries and areas in the world."
- U.S. Census Bureau Foreign Trade Statistics - Maldives
U.S. trade in goods (imports, exports and balance) with Maldives.
- U.S. Department of Energy - Maldives
Country energy profile for production, consumption, U.S. oil imports, and CO2 emissions.
- U.S. Department of Energy - South Asia
Regional analysis report from the Energy Information Administration for South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka).
- U.S. Department of Energy - South Asia
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Declassified Documents
Declassified information available from the FOIA Electronic Reading Room. Enter "Maldives" as the search term.
- Crisis Group International Databases and Resources
Crisis Group provides analysis of violent conflicts and peace implementation.
- CrisisWatch Database
Monthly bulletin of significant situations of conflict or potential conflict around the world.
- CrisisWatch Database
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports CU
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the research arm of Congress, prepares reports (usually under 20 pages long) on topics of interest to members of Congress. Enter "Maldives" as the search term.
- Declassified Documents Reference System CU
Search this database to find declassified documents related to Maldives.
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
Department of Defense Scientific and Technical Reports Collection provides access to citations to unclassified unlimited documents that have been entered into DTIC's Technical Reports (TR) Database, as well as the electronic full-text of many of these documents.
- Digital National Security Archive CU
Database of primary declassified documents regarding critical U.S. policy decisions. Enter "Maldives" as the search term.
- Facts on International Relations and Security Trends (FIRST)
An integrated database containing information on armed conflicts and peace keeping, arms production and trade, military expenditure, armed forces and weapons.
- Global Legal Information Network (GLIN)
"Public database of official texts of laws, regulations, judicial decisions, and other complementary legal sources contributed by governmental agencies and international organizations."
- Human Rights Watch - Maldives
News and reports related to human rights.
- International Area Studies Asia CU
Collection of databases from the University of Colorado covering Asia.
- International Area Studies General CU
Collection of general databases from the University of Colorado covering international issues.
- International Area Studies Statistics CU
Collection of international statistics databases from the University of Colorado.
- LexisNexis Academic Country & Region Reports CU
News, country briefings, and country risk guides. Filter by country or choose "Country & Region Reports" from publication type.
- SESRTCIC Statistics Database
Searchable statistical database for member countries from the Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRTCIC), a subsidiary organ of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).
- Statistical Database System (SDBS) Online
SDBS is the the Asian Development Bank's central statistical database that stores macro-economic and social data of its developing member countries.
UNdata provides a single entry point allowing users to search and download numerous statistical resources of the United Nations System.
- World dataBank
Contains data from the World Bank, including the World Development Indicators & Global Development Finance, Gender Statistics, Education Statistics, Health Nutrition and Population Statistics, African Development Indicators, Global Economic Monitor, and Millennium Development Goals. Users can select variables (some going as far back as 1960) to create customized tables, charts, maps, and reports.
- Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (WITS)
WITS is the National Counterterrorism Center's database of terrorist incidents. The WITS database coverage is currently from 1/1/2004 to 6/30/2007 and is updated quarterly.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
Diplomacy, Programs and Aid
- Asian Development Bank - Maldives
Projects, publications, and news about Maldives and the ADB.
- Commonwealth of Nations - Maldives
"The Commonwealth is an association of 53 independent states consulting and co-operating in the common interests of their peoples and in the promotion of international understanding and world peace. The Commonwealth's 2 billion citizens, about 30 per cent of the world's population, are drawn from the broadest range of faiths, races, cultures and traditions."
- Delegation of the European Commission to Sri Lanka and the Maldives
The Delegations of the External Service serve European Union interests throughout the world.
- Diplomacy Monitor (St. Thomas University School of Law)
Indexes current government news releases and other documents on diplomatic issues. Browse for documents by topic or documents issued by or affecting a particular nation.
- Embassy of the United States in Sri Lanka and Maldives
Diplomatic representation of the U.S. in Sri Lanka and Maldives.
- EU's Relations with Maldives
Overview, country strategy, EU support, and documents on the European Union's relations with Maldives.
- G-77 at the United Nations
The Group of 77 is an intergovernmental organization of developing states in the UN. It provides the means for the countries of the South to articulate and promote their collective economic interests and enhance their joint negotiating capacity on all major international economic issues within the United Nations system, and promote South-South cooperation for development. There are now 130 member states (including Maldives), although the name G-77 was retained because of its historical significance.
- Islamic Development Bank
"The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is a Multilateral Development Bank (MDB), established to foster the economic development and social progress of its member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries in accordance with the principles of Shari'ah (Islamic Law). There are 56 member countries (including the Republic of Maldives).
- Permanent Mission of the Republic of Maldives to the United Nations
Website of member state missions and their representatives to the United Nations.
- ReliefWeb - Maldives
ReliefWeb, administered by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), provides news, documents, maps, and background information on emergency assistance by country.
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) promotes economic and social development in member states (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka).
- SESRTCIC - Maldives
Socioeconomic statistics and information for member countries from the Statistical, Economic and Social Research and Training Centre for Islamic Countries (SESRTCIC), a subsidiary organ of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).
News, operations, statistics, background, analysis and policy, and maps from the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Select Maldives from the "Browse by country" drop-down menu on the right.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Republic of Maldives
UNDP helps countries work toward human rights, democratic governance, poverty reduction, crisis prevention and recovery, energy and environment for sustainable development, and HIV/AIDS prevention.
- United Nations Division for Sustainable Development - Maldives
Economic, social and environmental policies and plans for sustainable development from the UN Department Economic and Social Affairs.
- United Nations in Maldives
UN Country Team in Maldives.
- U.S. Department of State - Maldives
- World Bank - Maldives
World Bank data, projects, and research in Maldives.
- World Trade Organization - Maldives
Provides key information on trade statistics, WTO commitments, disputes, trade policy reviews, and notifications for member countries.
- UNAIDS - Maldives
Country situation analysis and news from the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- WHO - Maldives
Information and statistics on the status of public health in Maldives from the World Health Organization (WHO).
Official site of the World Health Organization South East Asia Region (WHO-SEAR).
- Maldives: Security Assistance
Country-by-country listing provides information on Political-Military-administered security assistance funds from the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on Maldives available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook, the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources maldives and econom* maldives and econom* maldives and histor* maldives and histor* maldives and politic* maldives and politic* maldives (government publications only) maldives (government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.
For additional foreign information, arranged by subject, try the Subject Page.
Government Information | Country Profiles | Articles & Databases | Diplomatic Relations | Health | Peacekeeping & Military Information | Resources in the Catalog