Print publications from the World Bank are shelved at 1000 I49 in the International Documents section of the Government Information Library. Search Chinook, the library catalog, for call numbers.
- World Bank e-Library CU
This is an electronic portal to the World Bank's full-text collection of books, reports, and other documents. New titles and working papers are added to the database as they become available.
- World Development Indicators
This is the premier data source on the global economy. It contains statistical data for over 575 development indicators and time series data from 1960 to the present for over 220 countries and country groups. Data includes social, economic, financial, natural resources, and environmental indicators.
- Global Development Finance
This database contains statistical data for the 147 countries and country groups. The database covers external debt stocks and flows, major economic aggregates, and key debt ratios as well as average terms of new commitments, currency composition of long-term debt, debt restructuring, and scheduled debt service projections. The focus here is on country investment data as well as the credit valuation of a country, necessary to assess investment prospects.
The World Bank provides a wide variety of information on its web site.
Data & Statistics
Publications (abstract and full-text)
- Publications by Subject
provides abstracts and sales information for a list of new publications.
- Documents & Reports --a searchable database contains World Bank documents and reports. Most are full-text and are free of charge.
- World Bank Annual Report
- Joint Bank Fund Library Network
The catalog of the joint International Monetary Fund-World Bank Library. The library catalog includes the holdings of the library and indexing to about 800 periodicals on economics and finance. The catalog includes links to periodical articles when an online edition exists. An excellent source of information on international economics, finance, and the activities of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
- Policy Research Working Papers
A collection of work in progress to encourage the exchange of ideas about development issues.
- Research Datasets
These sets were compiled for World Bank research and are provided for free.
- Abstracts of Current Studies
- PovertyNet and World Income Inequality Database
These databases provide Gini coefficients, cumulative quintile shares, methodology, and data sources
- Other World Bank Research Resources --provide access to abstracts and an extensive collection full text from World Bank publication series. Access by series title, topic, or site search.
- Development Sources by Topic --selective publications in abstract or full-text on development topics.