What's NewNew Federal Documents | New International Documents | New Colorado Documents | Daily CRS Reports CU
November 20, 2005
- Sixty years ago today the trials of Nazi war criminals began at Nuremberg. The trials, known as the Nuremberg War crimes trials are available in print at W 1.2:C86 (1945-46) and D 102.8 (1946-49). Or you can search the trials on CD in the Government Information Library.
November 15, 2005
- Archive of Americana CU The Archive of Americana database containing the U.S. Congressional Serial Set, American State Papers, and Early American Imprints now allows cross-database searching.
November 4, 2005
- Winning Teams and Innovative Technologies from the 2005 Solar Decathlon read CU-graduate student, Jeffery R. Lyng's statement on his teams award winning Solar Decathlon home at this hearing before congress.
November 2, 2005
- National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza this is report, produced by the Homeland Security Council in the White House, provides the United State's strategy for dealing with a pandemic outbreak of Influenza. Check out some of the influenza publications produced by the government in the display in Government Information.
October 28, 2005
- Office of Special Counsel Patrick J. Fitzgerald read the documents released leading up to and including the indictment of Lewis Libby.
October 27, 2005
- National Intelligence Strategy of the United States this report sets forth the framework for the changes in the intelligence community, based on the establishment of the new Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
October 24, 2005
- Report on assassination of Lebanese ex-premier Hariri this is the UN report by the independent commission created by Security Council resolution 1595 (2005).
October 13, 2005
- 2005 Blue Book this book is prepared by the nonpartisan research staff of the state legislature to discuss the ballot initiatives on Colorado's statewide ballot.
October 3, 2004
- Information on Harriet Miers, Nominee to the Supreme Court the University of Michigan Law Library has created this biography of Harriet Miers. It contains brief bibliographic information along with links to cases, articles and other materials written by Miers. This page will be updated as more information is available.
September 30, 2005
- Boulder, CO resources This web page links to various resources for the Boulder city and county governments, as well as providing links to other resources on the Boulder area.
September 26, 2005
- Gas prices for U.S. cities this guide links to governmental and nongovernmental sources on average gas prices in all 50 states.
September 22, 2005
- Wondering what the next hurricane will be named this year? Check out this list of hurricane names. You can also view a list of retired hurricane names, 1954-2004. The NOAA web site also has information on the number of hurricanes by decade.
September 20, 2005
- Hurricane Katrina Response read about the environmental effects and results of tests of the water and air in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.
September 16, 2005
- Presidential Address to the Nation this speech, occurring on 9/15/05, discusses the federal government's response to Hurricane Katrina.
September 7, 2005
- Macroeconomic and Budgetary Effects of Hurricane Katrina this report from the Congressional Budget Office examines the possible effects of Hurricane Katrina on the U.S. economy.
September 1, 2005
- Hurricane Katrina Recovery this web page put together by the U.S. government provides links to information on finding loved ones, recovery resources, and helping victims.
August 30, 2005
- Student Aid and Postsecondary Tax Preferences this study by the GAO examines the effectiveness and use of federal tax assistance for students and families of students attending postsecondary institutions.
August 26, 2005
- Check out Votes for Women and celebrate the passage of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, on August 26, 1920, granting women the right to vote.
August 18, 2005
- College Textbooks: Enhanced Offerings Appear to Drive Recent Price Increases Suffer a little sticker shock when buying your textbooks for class this fall? Read a recent Government Accountability Report discussing the increasing price of textbooks over the last two decades.
August 11, 2005
- Israel's Disengagement Plan read the information on Israel's withdrawal from select towns in the Gaza Strip and West Bank.
August 9, 2005
- On this day in 1974, President Richard Nixon was the first president to resign the office. Read his resignation letter at the Gerald R. Ford Library and Museum.
August 2, 2005
- Arab-Israeli Conflict Want to learn more about the Palestinian and Israeli peace process? Take a look at this page to access information such as statistics and peace agreements.
August 1, 2005
- Monthly Oil Prices Want to feel better about the price of gas? Take a look at how the United States compares to other countries, such as Japan, France and the United Kingdom. These statistics are from the International Energy Agency.
July 21, 2005
- Report to Congress Measuring Stability and Security in Iraq this is the declassified portion of the report from the U.S. military on Iraq.
July 18, 2005
- Commemorate the anniversary of the detention of the first atomic bomb 60 years ago by reading Trinity a Los Alamos report of the "organization at Trinity, the experiments, and the results" written by K.T. Bainbridge shortly after the test.
July 15, 2005
- Historical Census Statistics On Population Totals By Race, 1790 to 1990, and By Hispanic Origin, 1970 to 1990, For Large Cities And Other Urban Places In The United States take a look at the changing demographics of Denver from 1860 to the present along with other cities across the US and in Colorado.
July 12, 2005
- Libraries and the USA PATRIOT Act this CRS report examines the history of FBI investigations of library usage and looks at the current regulations in the USA PATRIOT act.
July 7, 2005
- United Kingdom web site on London blasts this web site offers links to the various governmental groups involved in the aftermath of the bombings in London.
June 30, 2005
- American State Papers CU this Readex Database covers congressional material published from 1789-1838.
June 28, 2005
- President Bush's Address to the Nation This address on June 28, 2005 discussed Iraq.
June 22, 2005
- The Report of the Headquarters Review Group Concerning the Religious Climate at the U.S. Air Force Academy this is the government review of the religious climate at the Air Force Academy after accusations of religious persecution against non-Christians.
June 7, 2005
- President George W. Bush's Speech to the OAS this is the President's speech to the Organization of American States at the opening of the General Assembly Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
May 27, 2005
- FBI Records These are the interviews, obtained by the ACLU using FOIA, with Guantanamo Bay detainees from the FBI where there were allegations of abuse of the Koran. The ACLU has additional documents from the government relating to torture available online.
May 25, 2005
- Broken Promises: The United Airlines Pension Crisis online hearing sponsored by Congressman George Miller (D-CA) on United Airlines decision to default on its pension plan payments.
May 17, 2005
- UFOs check out our new page with links to government web sites discussing the question of UFOs.
May 9, 2005
- 2005 Urban Mobility Study this report examines the performance of transportation systems in 85 urban areas, including Boulder, CO.
April 28, 2005
- Letter to Prime Mister from the Attorney General This previously classified letter discusses the legality of the UK going to war in Iraq. It was written by the British Attorney General to the Prime Minister, Tony Blair.
April 22, 2005
- Standing Order and Rulemaking Statute: Possible Alternatives to the "Nuclear Option?" CU this Congressional Research Report (CRS) examines the various options in amending or bypassing the supermajority requirement in Senate Rules. This report also discusses some of the positive and negative aspects of the possible changes.
April 21, 2005
- State Population Change Projections view the data from the Census Bureau on the projected changes in Colorado's population for 2010, 2020, and 2030.
April 20, 2005
- MyPyramid.gov Create your own food pyramid based on age, sex and levels of physical activity.
April 4, 2005
- UN Comtrade CU this new database provides access to a broad range of import-export data.
March 31, 2005
- Report to the President from the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction report regarding the intelligence that lead up the war with Iraq.
March 16, 2005
- OECD Factbook provides comparison data for 30 OECD member countries on 100 major indicators, such as: Population and migration, Energy, and the Environment.
March 11, 2005
- EPA Clean Air Interstate Rule read the text of the Clean Air Interstate Rule regulating emissions of dioxide (SO2) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) in the eastern United States.
February 18, 2005
- Economic Report of the President this annual report written by the Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors overviews the nation's economic progress using text and extensive data appendices.
February 9, 2005
- Reports of the Independent Inquiry into the United Nations Oil-for-Food Programme these are the reports detailing the inquiry into the Iraqi Oil-for-Food programme.
February 8, 2005
- Report of the International Commission of Inquiry on Darfur to the United Nations Secretary-General This United Nations Report examines the situation in Darfur and reports on possible responses.
February 2, 2005
- Black History celebrate Black History Month by checking out this permanent page from the Government Information Library with links to biographies, literature, online exhibits, and much more.
January 27, 2005
- World Economic Situation and Prospects 2005 This United Nations report examines the growth in the world economy in the past year and discusses the outlook for the coming year.
January 11, 2005
- UN Commodity Trade Statistics Database (UN Comtrade) this database is available as a trial through February 6, 2005. It provides access to a broad range of import-export data. Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions about this database.
January 6, 2005
- Voter Turnout Project this resource, from the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance, provides access to voter turnout data from 1945 through 2001 for countries that held elections during this time.
What Was New in: