- Census of Agriculture
Data from 1992 to the present from the National Agricultural Statistics Service. For more historic data check out the Census of Agriculture historic archive.
- The Congressional Research Service (CRS)CU, the research arm of Congress, prepares reports (usually under 20 pages long) on topics of interest to members of Congress. When searching CRS Reports in advanced search, be sure to select only the box for CRS Reports. Use terms like "Agriculture" or "Food supply."
- National Agricultural Library
- NAL Catalog (AGRICOLA) a bibliographic database which includes "all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines, including plant and animal sciences, forestry, entomology, soil and water resources, agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, agricultural products, alternative farming practices, and food and nutrition". Includes citations from 1985 to the present.
- National Resources Conservation Service
This web site includes wide variety of maps, publications, and data on land use topics such as agricultural productivity, cropland, grazing land, irrigation, land cover and use, private forest land, soil erosion, soil quality, water quality, wetlands, and other topics.
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
Information on veterinary medicine, animal health and welfare, biological control of pests, biotechnology, animal damage control, plant diseases and pests, and export/import control of plants and animals.
- Economic Research Service
This site "provides economic analysis on efficiency, efficacy, and equity issues related to agriculture, food, the environment, and rural development to improve public and private decision making." The site provides access to a wide variety of research reports and data.
- Foreign Agricultural Service
Collects and analyzes global supply and demand, trade trends and market opportunities for agricultural products.
- Plants Database
This database "provides standardized information about the vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories." In other words, you can find not only information on the plants of the US, but also basic data on where it grows and how.
- USDA Nutritive Value of Foods
- USDA Economics and Statistics System at Mann Library, Cornell University
Features current and retrospective reports from over 300 series on crop outlook by crop, agricultural supply and demand, and other economic statistics.
- U.S. Forest Service
This agency of the Department of Agriculture "manages public lands in national forests and grasslands."
- European Union
- Activities of the European Union - Agriculture
Includes links to current statistics, documents, legal summaries and legal texts.
- European Parliament: Agriculture and Fisheries
This page discusses actions on agriculture by the European Parliament.
- Food and Agriculture Organization
A division of the United Nations working to defeat world hunger. For international agriculture statistics, check out FAOSTAT
- OECDiLibrary CU
- Global Issues at the UN - Agriculture
Includes links to resources by UN offices and affiliated agencies, documents, speeches, and more.
- AgNIC (Agriculture Network Information Center)
An alliance and partnership of institutions and organizations, supported by the USDA's National Agricultural Library. The site includes documents, publications, image collections, news and announcements, and a calendar of events.
- Environmental Working Group Farm Subsidy Database
Includes information about the farm bill, farm subsidies, and a browsable and searchable database of farm subsidy payments.
- National Center for Agricultural Law Research
This Center, within the University of Arkansas School of Law, is funded by the National Agricultural Library. It is a national and international resource for agricultural and food law research and information.
- United States Agricultural Information Network - Links for Agricultural Librarians
Provides links to agricultural web sites, databases on the web, libraries and library-related sites, agricultural organizations, and specific agricultural-related topics.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on agriculture available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources agricultur* and statistics agricultur* and statistics agricultur* and trends agricultur* and trends agricultur* and histor* agricultur* and histor*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.