Arab-Israeli ConflictU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports CU
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the research arm of Congress, prepares reports (usually under 20 pages long) on topics of interest to member of Congress. Use terms like "Arab-Israeli conflict" "Palestine" or "Israel."
- Declassified Documents from the United States Government
- Declassified Documents Reference System CU
Search this database to find declassified documents related to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Digital National Security Archive CU
Search this database for information on the Arab-Israeli conflict, most documents are in regards to terrorism policy.
- Defense Technical Reports
This database contains reports from the various branches of the military on the Arab-Israeli conflict. Many of the reports are full-text, but if it isn't full-text bring the report number and title to the Government Information desk on the third floor of Norlin Library to find a copy.
- Department of State
- Background Notes, Israel
This is a brief description of the history of Israel.
- Human Rights Report
This report, compiled annually, looks at the human rights in countries across the world, including Israel and the occupied territories.
- Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs
This web site contains information on state department involvement on issues in the Middle East.
- European Union and the Middle East Peace Process
Discusses the EU's policy on the Arab-Israeli conflict and its involvement in the peace process.
- Israel Country Page
This is a country guide to resources on Israel, including links to the government.
- Palestine Country Page
This is a country guide to resources on Palestine, including links to the government.
- United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office (similar to the Department of State in the U.S.)
- Country pages on both Israel and the The Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Middle East Peace Process links to the latest news and a short historical background.
- United Nations
- United Nations Information System on the Question of Palestine
This is a collection of documents from a variety of UN web sites on Palestine. These documents go back to 1915 and include a number of British and League of Nations documents.
- Question of Palestine
This page links to a variety of UN organizations and NGOs that have dealt with the issue of Palestine.
- UN News Centre
This page links to news releases and other actions from the UN in regards to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
U.S. Information | International Information | Resources in the Catalog| Related Topics
- An Engineered Tragedy: Statistical Analysis of Casualties in the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict, September 2000-September 2002
- PAIS International CU
This database indexes material from over 120 countries on international issues, such as the Arab-Israeli Conflict. CU has access to electronic and/or print copies of many of these titles, please come to the reference desk if you need help finding a report.
- SIPRI FIRST Database
This database gathers data on all major conflicts.
- Uppsala Conflict Database
This site allows you to view data on battles and peace treaties. Israel is in the "Mediterrania" region if you do a basic search.
Resources in the Catalog
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on the conflict available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources arab-israeli conflict arab-israeli conflict israel* and palestin* israel* and palestin* middle east and peace middle east and peace arab-israeli conflict (government publications only) arab-israeli conflict (government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.