Children and YouthU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Related Topics
U.S. Government Information
- The Congressional Research Service (CRS), the research arm of Congress, prepares reports (usually under 20 pages long) on topics of interest to members of Congress. Search these CRS Reports CU through LexisNexis. Enter "children", "education" or "families" as search terms.
- Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families provides information on child abuse, adoption, foster care, child care, and child support.
- Bureau of Consular Affairs
- USA.gov's Parenting Resources contains links to government information on adoption, child care, education and health.
- State Child Enforcement Agencies provides links to the state enforcement agencies.
International Organization Information
- International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour: IPEC this division of the International Labour Organization provides statistics and other information on child labor.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Committe on the Rights of the Child this page provides links to the reports of the countries who have signed this convention and their report on children's rights.
- UNICEF publishes a wide variety of information on children, including:
- Information by country provides information on the goals and accomplishments in each country, along with some basic statistical indicators.
- State of the World's Children focuses on issues relating to women and children.
- UNICEF Publications access to full-text versions of the UNICEF publications
- United Nation's High Commissioner for Refugees this is their page devoted to children who are refugees. It provides links to reference documents and statistics.
- World Health Organizaation has links to a variety of information, such as:
- Child Abuse
- Child and Adolescent Health and Development
- ChildTrends DataBank provides national trends and research on over 80 key indicators of child and youth well-being.
- Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989 and Declaration of the Rights of the Child 1959
- KidsCount Databook Data and statistics concerning the educational, social, economic and physical well-being of children; arranged by state.