Food SupplyU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
U.S. Government Information
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Organization from the Food and Drug Administration
- Famine Early Warning Systems Network from USAID.
- Food and Nutrition from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
International Organization Information
- European Union
- Policy Areas - Food Safety
Includes links to current statistics, documents, legal summaries and legal texts.
- European Commission - Food Safety
- European Parliament - Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- FAOSTAT Database contains over 1 million time-series records covering international statistics in the following areas: Production , Trade, Food Balance Sheets, Food Aid, Fertilizer and Pesticides, Land Use and Irrigation, Forest Products, Fishery Products, Population and Agricultural Machinery.
- Global Information and Early Warning System from FAO
Includes Food Outlook, Foodcrops and Shortages, Food supply situation and crop prospects in Sub-saharan Africa, Sahel weather and crop situation, and Special Alerts/Reports.
- World Food Situation This is the situation of food supply and demand in the world.
- World Food Summit
- United Nations
- Global Issues on the UN Agenda - Food
Includes links to resources by UN offices and affiliated agencies, documents, speeches, and more.
- World Food Programme "WFP is the food aid arm of the United Nations system. Food aid is one of the many instruments that can help to promote food security, which is defined as access of all people at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life." The site provides access to situation reports, annual reports, documents and other materials.
U.S. Information | International Information | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- EarthTrends: The Environmental Information Portal A cooperative project of the World Resources Institute, the World Bank, the UN Environment Programme, the UN Development Programme and others that provides a wide array of environmental data and information. The material is grouped into broad topics: coastal and marine ecosystems; water resources and freshwater ecosystems; climate and atmosphere; population, health and human well-being; economics, business and the environment; energy and resources; biodiversity and protected areas; agriculture and food; forests and grasslands; and environmental institutions and governance. After selecting a broad topic, the user has access to databases, data tables, country profiles, maps, and feature articles. The databases provide extensive data for onscreen viewing or download. Years of coverage vary. The data tables provide comparative data for countries of the world. The country profiles provide data, tables, and a brief narrative for individual countries.
- Food and Nutrition Library "contains 260 publications (28,000 pages) of ideas, experiences and solutions in the fields of Food and Nutrition, Food Policy, Nutrition Research, including the Food and Nutrition Bulletin." From the New Zealand Digital Library, a site with several important collections of digital materials from intergovernmental and international organizations.
- National Academies Press - Food and Nutrition
View reports published by The National Academy of Sciences on issues pertaining to the adequacy and safety of the nation's food supply.
Resources in the Catalog
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on food supply issues available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources food supply and statistics food supply and statistics food supply and security food supply and security food supply and histor* food supply and histor*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.