HousingU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- Census Bureau has a variety of housing information, such as:
- American Factfinder provides access to Housing data. You can also find information by searching specific Census Data Sets.
- American Housing Survey (AHS) "collects data on the Nation's housing, including apartments, single-family homes, mobile homes, vacant housing units, household characteristics, income, housing and neighborhood quality, housing costs, equipment and fuels, size of housing unit, and recent movers."
- Building Permits monthly and annual information is available for places and counties.
- Homeownership and Housing. (Link is to the "H" portion of the subject index.)
- Housing Topics includes factsheets, survey data, homeownership data, housing patterns, and historical tables.
- Colorado Housing Information links to housing laws and information from the Colorado State Government.
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act from the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council provides access to data by area, bank, or market.
- Homeless & Homelessness
- See "Congressional Research Service (CRS)" entry above.
- Census 2000 Data - Population in Emergency and Transitional Shelters
- Census 2000 Special Report - Emergency and Transitional Shelter Population
- Homeless Veterans
Programs and initiatives for homeless veterans from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- HUD - Homeless Assistance
Information for the homeless and for those who want to help, also includes detailed information on HUD's homeless assistance programs.
- U.S. Conference of Mayors - Hunger and Homelessness Survey
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessess
The Council is responsible for providing Federal leadership for activities to assist homeless families and individuals.
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS) will provide users with easy access to mapping tools and HUD data to support housing and community development programs at the state, county, city, and neighborhood levels.
- HUD User Datasets provides access to housing related data such as State of the Cities, a database which contains 1970-2000 Census data for 542 metropolitan areas and their surrounding suburbs, labor force data, and special extracts from County Business Patterns on the number of jobs, establishments, and average pay by economic sector.
- State and Local Consolidated Plans information on how communities are planning on spending their HUD Grant money.
- Homeowners' Resources guide to resources for homeowners, provided by USA.gov.
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) works to "promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all." This group publishes a number of books annually on housing, such as State of the World's Cities.
- United Nations Compendium of Housing Statistics
- UN Statistics on Social Indicators provides a little information on housing, such as the average number of people in a room.
- World Health Organization/Europe - Housing and Health
- World Health Organization Health Impact Assessment - Housing
- Yahoo Housing Subject Directory
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
A nonpartisan, mission-driven organization committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States. Provides data and research to policymakers and elected officials in order to inform policy debates and educate the public and opinion leaders nationwide.
- National Council of State Housing Agencies
A national nonprofit agency that advocates for affordable housing. Includes a list of State Housing Finance Agencies.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on trade available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources housing and histor* housing and histor* housing and politic* housing and politic* housing and econom* housing and econom*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.