Income and PovertyU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Related Topics
U.S. Government Information
- BEA Regional Facts (BEARFACTS) from the Bureau of Economic Analysis "consists of computer-generated narratives for states, counties, metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs), and BEA Economic Areas. The narratives describe an area's personal income using current estimates, growth rates, and a breakdown of the sources of personal income." Most data from 1979-present.
- Census Bureau Income and Poverty Data
- Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines The poverty guidelines are issued each year in the Federal Register by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). "The guidelines are a simplification of the poverty thresholds for use for administrative purposes for instance, determining financial eligibility for certain federal programs." This page includes guidelines from 1996 to the most recent. The page also includes additional material on measurement of poverty in the United States.
- Homeless & Homelessness
- Census 2000 Data - Population in Emergency and Transitional Shelters
- Census 2000 Special Report - Emergency and Transitional Shelter Population
- HUD - Homeless Assistance
Information for the homeless and for those who want to help, also includes detailed information on HUD's homeless assistance programs.
- HUD Publications - Poverty and Homelessness
- U.S. Conference of Mayors--Search for "homelessness" in the search box for surveys.
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessess
The Council is responsible for providing Federal leadership for activities to assist homeless families and individuals.
- Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, Colorado
- Regional Economic Accounts from Bureau of Economic Analysis. Includes multiple data sets, such as:
- State and Personal Information, including quarterly and annual income estimates.
- Gross State Product
- Regional Input-Output Modeling System
- BEA Economic Areas
U.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Related Topics
International Organization Information
- CIS-7 Initiative a "An International Initiative to Promote Poverty Reduction,Growth and Debt Sustainability in Low-Income CIS Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyz Republic, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan."
- Millennium Indicators Database from the United Nations examines the Millennium Development goals and provides statistics for the past fifteen years on the countries level of success in reaching those goals.
- United Nations Development Programme: Poverty Reduction
- World Bank Poverty Net provides an online library of reports on poverty and income inequality and data for onscreen viewing or download, including social indicators for countries of the world and the Deininger and Squire Data Set on income inequality. The social indicators, available as an Excel file for each country of the world, contain data on population, poverty, GNP per capita, income distribution, public expenditures on social programs, school enrollment, access to safe water, immunization rates, and mortality.
- World Income Inequality Database (United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research) contains data on income for the developed, developing, and transition countries. With data from 1950-1998. The database provides gini coefficients and income distributions by income classes, deciles, or quintiles.
- Development Gateway Poverty This page provides links to resources dealing with poverty, by subject, region and country.
- Eldis Poverty Resource Guide provides links to resources and news sources on poverty.
- Poverty Mapping provides links to maps illustrating poverty levels across the world.