LawsU.S. Law | Foreign & International Law | General Law | Related Topics
U.S. Law Resources
- Constitution of the United States
- Declaration of Independence.
- Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation. Annotations of Cases Decided by the Supreme Court of the United States to June 29, 1992. This site also provides links to supplements published on a semi-annual basis.
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Executive Orders
- CIS Index to Presidential Executive Orders & Proclamations. Government Information Reference KF70 .A55 1987. An index to presidential executive orders from Washington to Reagan. The companion microfiche collection, Presidential Executive Orders and Proclamations, is available in the CU Law Library.
- Executive Orders (American Presidency) Adams to the present
- Proquest Congressional CU Full text service which provides access to Congressional bills and bill status, legislative histories, hearings, Congressional Record, congressional reports and documents, biographical , financial and voting record information, laws, proposed and existing regulations, searchable full-text journals and other information.
- Meta-Index for U.S. Legal Research one-stop shopping for court opinions, codes, journals and other legal search tools.
- Public and Private Laws, 104th Congress - Present
- Statutes At Large. Lexis Nexis Congressional CU contains the complete Statutes at Large from 1789 to the most recent compilation. Choose the Bills, Laws and Regulations menu. Searches the name and synopsis of the law.
- United States Code from FDsys Search or browse the code and its supplements.
- United States Code from Legal Information Institute, Cornell Law School
- Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation This collection from American Memory contains resources such as Journals of the Contintential Congress, Eliot's Debates, Statutes, Journals, and Debates of Congress.
Foreign and International Law
- Access to Justice (Canada) Law and legislative materials, case law, and more.
- A Complete Research Guide to the Laws of the People's Republic of China (PRC) a guide to the legal systems and laws of the PRC (based on civil law) and of the Hong Kong (based on English common law) and Macao (based on Portuguese law ) Special Administrative Regions. (Taiwan, with its own legal system, is not included.) The guide lists English and Chinese print and nonprint resources, arranged by topic, language, and format. Created by law librarians Wei Luo of Washington University and Joan Liu of New York University.
- Constitution Finder "This index offers constitutions, charters, amendments, and other related documents."
- European Journal of International Law with its distinctive combination of theoretical and practical approaches to the issues of international law, this journal offers readers the latest developments in this rapidly evolving area. Each issue of the EJIL provides a forum for the exploration of the conceptual and theoretical dimensions of international law as well as for up-to-date analysis of topical issues. Additionally, it provides systematic coverage of the relationship between international law and the law of the European Union and its member states.
- Foreign and International Law Links from the Law Library, University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Government Gazettes Online provides a collection of links to foreign legal gazettes on the web. The gazettes are listed by country. Annotations include the title, URL, price, language, frequency, time coverage, and contents.
- World Court Decisions, 1946- and information about the International Court of Justice (World Court).
- World Court Digest "The World Court Digest represents a reproduction, in a systematic arrangement, of the views on questions of international law which are expressed in the judgements, advisory opinions and orders of the International Court of Justice as well as in the separate opinions of individual judges." Currently covers 1986-1995.
General Law Sources
- Cornell Law Legal Information Institute
- ECOLEX--a gateway to international environmental law. "Users can search using subject area, keyword, country, or date. The list of subjects includes, for example: climate/atmosphere; fresh water; marine environment; soils; forests; biodiversity; energy; protected areas; hazardous substances; and wastes. ECOLEX includes information on multilateral treaties; national legislation; European Union instruments; international 'soft law' and related documents; law and policy literature; and judicial decisions."
- Environmental Treaties and Resource Indicators (ENTRI) , from the Consortium for International Earth Science Information Network. Allows online browsing and searching of full text, summaries, and status of treaties and other international agreements related to global environmental change.
- State Codes, Regulations, and Court Cases
- University of Virginia Library: Administrative Decisions and Other Actions
Browse by agency or subject.
- Virtual Law Library
- Zimmerman's Guide to Legal Research (from LexisNexis)