North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)U.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
U.S. Government Information
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
Provides market research, trade leads, and other resources from various agencies of the U.S. government to help businesses with international sales. The web site includes many resources about NAFTA.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration - NAFTA
Provides information on NAFTA rules and Guidance for Mexico-Based Motor Carriers (in English or Spanish).
- NAFTA Certificate of Origin
From U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- NAFTA Safety Stats
Is a dataset from the Department of Transportation.
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
This resource, from the Department of Agriculture's Foreign Agricultural Service, has information on NAFTA and its effect on U.S. agriculture.
- U.S. Trade Representative - NAFTA
Provides information, news, and reports on NAFTA.
International Organization Information
- Canada and the North American Free Trade Agreement
Provides information about NAFTA from Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. Site is also in French.
- Canada Border Services Agency - NAFTA
- Commission for Environmental Cooperation
An international organization created under the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (NAAEC). NAAEC is an environmental agreement between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, and it is a supplemental side-treaty of NAFTA.
- Commission for Labor Cooperation
This is an international organization created under the North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC) for the resolution of labor problems between the U.S., Canada and Mexico. NAALC is a supplemental side-treaty to NAFTA.
- The Free Trade Agreement Between Mexico and North America (NAFTA)
This site provides information about NAFTA from the Mexican Ministry of Economy. Site is mostly in Spanish.
- NAFTA Secretariat
The NAFTA Secretariat administers dispute settlement provisions of NAFTA.
- North American Transportation Statistics
Contains information about transportation and transportation-related activities among Canada, the United States, and Mexico. The database offers table and time-series formats and covers twelve thematic areas.
- Trade Data Online (from the Canadian government)
Lets you view imports and exports by product or industry
- Border Trade (Texas Center for Border Economic and Enterprise Development, Texas A&M University)
Presents a collection of data on exports and imports trade activity on the U.S./Mexican border via inland transportation.
- Western Hemispheric Trade Information Center (Texas A&M International University)
Offers a variety of resources such as databases and publications.
- LexisNexis Academic CU
Contains full-text articles on NAFTA.
Provides information about NAFTA dispute claims and legal documents.
- North American Institute (NAMI)
Provides information on economic integration, environment, labor, education, immigration and social welfare of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce - NAFTA
Provides information on NAFTA in the U.S. and Mexico.
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on NAFTA available in the collection. Find them by searching in the library catalog, Chinook.
Here are some examples of search terms that you can use in Chinook: :
|Electronic Resources||Print and Electronic Resources|
|nafta and statistics||nafta and statistics|
|nafta and trade||nafta and trade|
|nafta and politic*||nafta and politic*|
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.
U.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog