U.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- Department of Defense assistdocs.com provides access to Defense Standardization Program documents obtained from the official DoD repository, the ASSIST database.
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) page provides information on FIPS standards, including title, publication number, date of issue, and a short abstract for each FIPS PUB.
Services Administration Publications provides
- Index of Federal Specifications, Standards and Commercial Item Descriptions (FMR 102-27)
- Federal Vehicle Standards Federal Standards for Sedans, Station Wagons, and Light, Medium, and Heavy Trucks.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
(NIST) "An agency of the U.S. Department of Commerce's
Technology Administration, NIST's primary mission is to promote
U.S. economic growth by working with industry to develop and apply
technology, measurements, and standards." Includes information and
full-text publications, such as:
- European Standards Information
- National Center for Standards and Certification Information "provides research services on standards, technical regulations, and conformity assessment procedures for non-agricultural products."
- Standards.gov is the major standards portal maintained by NIST.
- European Commission Standardisation is the European Union's standardization web page.
- New Approach Standardisation in the Internal Market from the European Union. This page provides access to information on standards and routes into the standardisation process, irrespective of which of the three European Standards Organisations is responsible for the standards applicable to the products and standards.
- NSSN: A National Resource for Global Standards "NSSN BASIC is a free online information service providing access to bibliographic information for more than 225,000 approved standards. Search our online catalog for title words or document numbers to find out if the standard you need exists, and if so, where to find it!"
- American National
Standards Institute (ANSI) provides information about the
standards process, links to standards organizations, and an online
sales catalog for:
- Over 12,000 approved American National Standards
- Over 15,000 approved and in development ISO standards
- Over 4,000 approved IEC standards
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- IEEE Standards
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- National Information Standards Organization (NISO) provides its standards and white papers in .pdf format at no charge. Choose the "NISO Press" icon for access.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on standards available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources standards and statistics standards and statistics standards and trends standards and trends standards and histor* standards and histor*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.