TelecommunicationsU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- A Nation Online: Entering the Broadband Age
A report examining the digital divide (the difference between those who have and don't have access to information technology).
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Provides full-text working papers, press releases, and other information on communications issues.
- Telecommunications Service in Rural America documents the efforts of the FCC to ensure telecommunications access in rural areas.
- ANS T1.523-2001, Telecom Glossary
Defines standard telecommunications terms reviewed and approved by ANSI (American National Standards Institute).
- Telecommunications Act of 1996
This page provides links to the Congressional Record, amendments, and bill text.
- International Telecommunication Union
This organization was formed so that "governments and the private sector could work together to coordinate the operation of telecommunication networks and services and advance the development of communications technology." The Government Information library has access to the Telecommunications Indicators database on select computers in the library.
- OECD Telecommunications and Internet Statistics CU
- World DataBank
This is a database of all statistics from the World Bank. It allows you to compare statistics across the world. The development indicators sets, such as Africa Development Indicators and World Development Indicators, include variables, such as broadband access, television and mobile phones.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
A public interest group interested whose purpose is "to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values."
- Find Articles and More
To find a database containing articles and other resources on telecommunications, click on the plus sign next to "Telecommunications" in the list of subjects. You'll find these subcategories:
- Telecommunications - Business, Market and Industry Aspects
- Telecommunications - Economic Aspects
- Telecommunications - Engineering Aspects
- Telecommunications - Government Information
- Telecommunications - International Aspects
- Telecommunications - Legal and Policy Aspects
- Telecommunications - News Sources
- Telecommunications - Statistics
- Telecommunications - Standards
U.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Related Topics
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on telecommunications available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources telecom* and statistics telecom* and statistics telecom* and politic* telecom* and politic* telecom* and histor* telecom* and histor*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.