Water ResourcesU.S. Information | International Information | Nongovernmental Sources | Resources in the Catalog | Related Topics
- BASIN (Boulder Area Sustainability Information Network)
Includes a history of the watershed, water quality data, explanatory material, streaming video from the 1969 flood, a discussion forum, and other information.
- Colorado Water Conservation Board
This group works to promote and protect Colorado's water supply. There is links to drought planning, water information, and water protection.
- Colorado Water Science Center
Provides data, studies, and other publications on water in Colorado.
- Ground Water Atlas of the United States
"Describes the location, the extent, and the geologic and hydrologic characteristics of the important aquifers of the Nation."
- Hydro-Climatic Data Network (HCDN): Streamflow Data Set, 1874 - 1988
- Colorado Division of Water Resources
This is the body of the state government that administers water resources in Colorado. They have links to data, reports and administration information.
- National Water and Climate Center
Provides Climate data for states and counties, water supply forecasts by state and river basin, precipitation reports, reservoir reports, information from the Western Regional Climate Data Center, reports on snowpack, and other information.
- National Water Conditions
Historical maps of monthly and annual streamflow conditions by water year.
- National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Program
Formed to study the status and trends in the quality of the Nation's ground- and surface-water resources. Features online publications on water quality methods and information on pesticides in river systems.
- Pesticide National Synthesis Project
From the USGS, a national assessment of pesticides in the streams, rivers, and ground water of the United States. Includes maps of pesticide use, full text publications on the effect of pesticides in ground and surface waters, and publications about the effect of pesticides on drainage systems nationwide.
- Selected Water Resources Reports
From the USGS, with a link to the USGS publications catalog.
- Stream Water Quality in the Conterminous United States -- Status and
Trends of Selected Indicators During the 1980's
Online publication that discusses stream water quality using measures of traditional sanitary and chemical water-quality indicators such as dissolved oxygen, fecal coliform bacteria, nutrients (nitrate and total phosphorus), and suspended sediment. Find this and other publications at Water Resources Publications
- Surf Your Watershed
From the EPA - select watershed by clickable maps, word or name search. Surf Your Watershed integrates a wide variety of data(land use, water use, population, water dischargers, map making, and other data) into one easy-to-use source.
- USGS Current Water Data for the Nation
Data available varies by station but can include: Discharge, in CFS; Gage Height, in Feet; Rainfall, in Inches. The USGS recommends reading Stream-Gaging Program of the U.S. Geological Survey for additional information.
- USGS Surface Water Data
Includes Daily Values and Peak Flows.
- Water Resources of the United States
From USGS includes a number of full text publications as well as water information by state.
- Water Use in the United States
Text, Data and Graphics.
- Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental ResultS (WATERS)
EPA's portal to information on protecting and restoring water resources.
- Hydrology and Water Resources Programme
A division of the World Meteorological Organization
- UN World Water Development Report
a comprehensive review that gives an overall picture of the state of the world's freshwater resources.
- UNESCO - Water
Provides links to the current UNESCO and UNESCO-led programmes on freshwater.
- UN - Water/Africa
Web page from the UN Economic Commission for Africa with information on rainfall and climate, environment, rivers, lakes, ground water, oceans, and water quality in Africa.
- Water Conservation and Use in Agriculture (WCA infoNET)
WCA infoNET information system merges information resources and expertise allowing direct access to publications, documents, data, computer programs and discussion groups which provide a knowledge base, support and the necessary global platform for decisions on water conservation and use in agriculture.
- World Conservation Unit - Water and Nature Initiative
- World Health Organization - Water
- National Drought Mitigation Center
Provides a wide variety of data and publications related to drought in the United States.
- Universities Council on Water Resources
- Water Resources Research Institutes (by state)
- Western Waters Waters Digital Library
The Western Waters Digital Library (WWDL) contains government reports, classic water literature, legal transcripts, water project records, personal papers, photographic collections, and video materials about the Columbia, Colorado, Platte, and Rio Grande river basins.
- The Library Catalog, Chinook
There are numerous secondary, federal, and international sources of information on water available in the collection.
Try these searches to see some of the resources in Chinook , the library catalog:
Electronic Resources Print and Electronic Resources water and statistics water and statistics water and trends water and trends water and histor* water and histor*
(government publications only)
(government publications only)
The * replaces up to five characters in a word.