How do I...?
Use RefWorks: Formatting Papers using Write-n-Cite
You can cite references in your paper using Write-n-Cite. Before you can use Write-n-Cite, you need to download the small utility program to your computer. You can find the Write-n-Cite plugin under "Tools" in the RefWorks toolbar.
To insert in-text citation references:
- WIthin your document, place the cursor where you'd like the citation to appear
- Click on the "Write-n-Cite" button that appears in the Microsoft Word toolbar (*Note* - you must have first installed the Write-n-Cite utility program available through RefWorks)
- Login to your RefWorks account
- Click the "Cite" link next to the citation you want to include
To Format the Paper/Create a Bibliography:
- Save the document you have just edited
- Click the bibliography button (within the Write-n-Cite window)
- Select the output style you'd like to use
- Click the "Create Bibliography" button
Read the instructions from RefWorks on using Write-n-Cite.