Tuesday, June 13,
2000, 10:00am, room N410
- 19 Staff members in attendance.
Meeting called to order at 10:06am.
- BUSINESS CARDS FOR STAFF
- Lynette Leiker, Music volunteered to organize.
- The consensus was to go ahead - they are needed.
- REORGANIZATION OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
- Concerns: Go to department heads or Jane
- Staff not being kept up to date?
- Will there be any staff input?
- Those making the decisions don't seem to be
considering the individuals in specific positions.
- It would be helpful if staff knew the thinking so
that logical, rather than emotional, input can be
- It would also be helpful in order to allow the staff
to make timely input.
- BOULDER CAMPUS PERSPECTIVE - MARK HAURY
The Spring 2000 class was the first of the newly
revised program. There were 12 women and 4 men in this
session. It was formerly known as the Fellows Program. It
has been divided into two separate parts; the Boulder
Campus Perspective, and the University Perspective. There
is no longer a "project" facet of the program.
The program consists of six 3 1/2 hour meetings, about
half of them from 8:30am-12:00pm and the rest from
1:00pm-4:30pm. They are spread out over about 3 months,
and are on different days of the week. People who are
involved with the program as speakers were:
- Chancellor Byyny
- Ofelia Miramontes - Associate Vice Chancellor of
- Vice Chancellors:
- Phil Distefano - Academic Affairs
- Ric Porreca - Budget & Finance
- Ron Stump - Student Affairs
- Paul Tabolt - Administration
- Elease Robbins - Dean of Students
- BFA Chair Dr. Frank Beers
- Boulder Staff Council
- - Co-Chair Larry Drees
- - Co-Chair Pat Beals
- Dennis Maloney - ITS
- Participants are required to attend several different
meetings of key campus organizations: Staff Council, BFA,
- LAB CONCERNS - CARL STEWART
- Status of CPP
- Norlin Basement
- West Porch Receptacles
- BCR Workshops
- Johann Sebastian Box
- Dean's Web Page
- FACULTY/STAFF DEVELOPMENT - LINDA VOSBURGH
- Last meeting cancelled because Scott Seaman was
- OCI - ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURAL INVENTORY
- NOT dead.
- Results not yet available, no date set.
- DAVE ANDERSON
- Presented a ballot initiative for Collective
- MEETING SCHEDULE
- Dean of Libraries Jim Williams will be presenting at
the August meeting.
- Associate Director Scott Seaman will be presenting at
the October meeting.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:54am.
- Notes by: Mark Haury
This page last modified 2 October 2000. Send comments to the Libraries
Top of page.