Thursday, September 21,
2000, 9:00am, room N410
- Next scheduled meeting: Tuesday, October 10,
10:00-11:30, Rm N-410, with Associate Director Scott
- 20 Staff members in attendance.
- HELPING HANDS
- Next Clothing Swap: Tuesday October 4,
- HOLIDAY PARTY
- LAURA WRIGHT - LAB
- There has been some confusion regarding
Cross-Training Policy vs. Job sharing. The minutes of the
last meeting will be out soon.
- DEAN OF LIBRARIES, JAMES WILLIAMS
- We have a new University President - Elisabeth
"Betsy" Hoffman.She seems to focus on the main
- The budget has not changed - the 1% increase does not
even cover inflation.
- Vacant positions are being used to pay for the new
- Materials budget is being strained.
- Must cancel $475,000 - $480,000 in serials.
- 60% - 80% of the budget is people (salaries).
- Questions for Jim
- Q: Who wants the TS reorganization and why?
- A: Materials themselves are changing; this changes
the way we think about information. How do we acquire
it, how do we describe it, and how do we provide
access to it? Much is going to be completely outside
our (Libraries') domain because of the way that
publishing is changing. Many materials are now going
directly to the Web, etc.
- Action: The TS Agenda Setting Committee will
accept questions and comments and set the agenda for
either the next TS division meeting or a special
meeting, which will be required to follow the
STAFF BUSINESS CARDS
- Have been ordered for those who wanted them.
- Meeting adjourned.
Notes by: Mark Haury
This page last modified 2 October 2000. Send comments to the Libraries
Top of page.