Search below to find demographic maps. Return to the Map Library main page to search for maps by topic.
- In the Library
- Colorado & U.S. (online)
- International (online)
If you are looking for demograhpic maps, try these search tips:
- Try searching the library catalog with one of the following terms: people, population, demograph*, ethnic*, and census. Limit the search results to Maps on the left-hand side.
- Many atlases will contain demographic information, but they will likely not be included in search results. Try searching for atlases of your area of interest. Begin with a keyword search for the place name, starting with the most specific geographic region and move to larger geographic areas, if necessary.
- Search maps with the subject heading "Population -- Maps."
Demographic maps based on Census information. TIGER shapefiles joined with 2010 Census data are also available.
Interactive web tool to access population, economic, geographic, and housing information about the United States. From the search results, you can create a thematic map to compare results geographically. View the overview and tutorials of features and functions.
Maps to Print, including 2010 Census Reference, Census Geography (2000 and 1990), 2007 Economic Census Maps, Congressional Districts, Metropolitan Areas, Urban Areas, Population Maps.
Overview of geographic products from the Census Bureau.
Environmental Data Explorer (United Nations Environment Programme)
Display the data as maps, graphs, or tables. Data categories include: Human Settlement, Population, Private Consumption
National Geographic MapMaker Interactive
Interactive Map. Layers include Human Systems – Populations & Culture
SEDAC (Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center)
- Gridded Population of the World and the Global Rural-Urban Mapping Project
The Population Estimation Service enables users to quickly obtain estimates of the number of people residing in specific areas without having to download and analyze large amounts of spatial data.
- Population Density 2000 (SEDAC Map Client)
Interactive Mapping Application
Featured indicators can be viewed as a map, table, or graph. Topics include: Education, Gender, Labor & Social Protection, Poverty, Social Development, and Urban Development.