Music Library Special Collections Guidelines
- Special Collections Material can be accessed M-F, 8-4:45, and by appointment.
- All Music Special Collections material needs to be assessed to see if patrons should handle the material. The only exceptions are Music Pop and Thesis/Dissertations for patrons. (This excludes any Music Pop with a hyphen and a letter following, e.g. Music Pop-H)
- All patrons (including faculty and staff) must be supervised while using the material.
- Only pencils, not ball-point or other pens, are allowed for note-taking. Paper for note-taking must be kept on the reading table, and not placed on the page surfaces. Laptops are allowed.
- Leave backpacks, coats, briefcases, and purses by the windows. You may keep a notebook or notecards with you. Drink containers are forbidden in this room.
- No material will be provided fifteen minutes before closing. Advance appointments outside these hours are subject to our security requirements and other commitments.
- Books must be kept in provided cradles supported on the reading table surface.
- Digital or 35 mm photographs are allowed subject to copyright restrictions. Photocopying is done only by Special Collections staff and at their discretion. Fragile items will not be copied.
- Handle materials with extreme care, and leave them in the same order in which they are provided. Report uncut pages to the staff.
- Separate application must be made to this department for permission to photocopy and permission to publish. Some use fees may apply.
- These materials are made available for study use only. It is your responsibility to know and abide by statutes covering copyright and fair use for publication from these sources, literary property rights, and right-to-privacy.