- What is an E-Journal?
- What is E-Journal Finder?
- How do I use E-Journal Finder ?
- What is the difference between E-Journal Finder and Find Articles and More?
- What if the journal I need is not listed in E-Journal Finder?
- What do I do if I am prompted for a Username/Password?
- What do I do if I am asked for a credit card number?
- How often is the E-Journal Finder updated?
An electronic journal, or E-Journal, is a journal whose articles can be found online.
E-Journal Finder is a listing of journals that have full text available online. The E-Journal Finder is a resource provided to you by the University of Colorado at Boulder Libraries.
Use E-Journal Finder if you want to find out if a specific journal title is available online. There are six ways to locate E-Journals in E-Journal Finder:
- Type the first few words of the journal title in the Title begins with search box.
- Type a keyword in the Keyword search box to locate journals containing that keyword in the journal title.
- Browse the alphabetical list for the journal title you need and click the appropriate link.
- Browse the subject categories to find journal titles in specific subject areas.
- Type the journal ISSN number in the ISSN equals search box.
- Type the exact journal title in the Title equals search box.
E-Journal Finder is simply a listing of journals that are available online. The Find Articles and More page lists databases and other Internet resources (such as websites, online reference tools and electronic books) by title and by subject area. Databases can contain journal articles, conference proceedings, industry reports and more.
If the journal you need is not listed in E-Journal Finder or if the coverage dates do not include the issue you need, check the online catalog (Chinook) to see if the Libraries subscribes to the journal in electronic, print or other formats. If the journal is not in the Libraries' collection, CU-Boulder faculty, staff and students can request articles through Interlibrary Loan.
Most of the E-Journals listed in E-Journal Finder are licensed for use only by current University of Colorado at Boulder students, faculty, and staff. If you are trying to access the Libraries' electronic resources from off-campus, please refer to the Libraries' Remote Access Information page to make sure your computer is properly configured. If after following the instructions you are still unable to access an E-Journal, please contact the Libraries.
What do I do if I am asked for a credit card number?
Some of the online service providers listed in E-Journal Finder offer content that is not included in the University of Colorado at Boulder Libraries' subscriptions. You are welcome to take advantage of those services that interest you at your own expense, but please keep in mind that the Libraries can often assist you in finding alternate free or low-cost resources. Please feel free to contact the libraries for assistance.
It is updated every day.