Subject Guide for Germanic Language and Literature
Reserves Information for Faculty
To ensure that titles needed for course reserves are available in the most efficient and timely manner possible, please use the following procedures.
- Faculty Guidelines: http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/reserves/guidelines.htm
- FAQ for Faculty: http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/reserves/faqfaculty.htm
- For titles that are already in the collection, send full bibliographic information, along with the course number, semester the titles will be needed, and preferred loan period to email@example.com. You can either use the "Save to List" function, email the records to yourself using the "View/Export Saved Records" function, and forward them to Reserves, or cut and paste the bibliographic information from Chinook.
- For titles that would need to be purchased for the collection, please fill out the Purchase Request Form for Course Reserves.
- Do not use the "Suggest a Title for Purchase" form in Chinook to request reserves materials because it may take some time for me to receive your request.
- Please keep in mind that it is library policy not to purchase textbooks or readers meant (=created) for classroom use. Feel free, however, to place a personal copy on reserve if you would like to do so. Many textbook suppliers will furnish you with an additional desk copy if you ask.
- If for any reason I cannot order a title, I will let you know as soon as possible.
- Reserves Home Page: http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/reserves