UCB Libraries

Any photo you want can go here

Subject Guide for Journalism and Mass Communication

Finding Specific Newspapers


To find out if the CU Libraries have access to specific newspaper, search for the title of the newspaper using the Chinook Journals/Serials search.



Step 1: Enter the title of the newspaper (leaving off any articles, like "the"):


Journal Title Search





Step 2: Choose the option you want from the results (Print/Microfilm or Full text):


Search results




Step 3a: Finding print copies or microfilm


Below is the list of where the print and microfilm copies of the Denver Post are located in the Libraries. Note that "current issues" are in the Norlin Library Periodicals Collection, while some microfilm is available at the Norlin Library Circulation Desk and some is in the offsite storage facility, PASCAL. Make sure to check the dates you're looking for to find the appropriate location.


print holdings





Step 3b: Finding full-text online


The Chinook catalog record will provide a list of databases that have full-text coverage of the newspaper you're looking for. Choose the database that has the appropriate date coverage for your research purposes.


online holdings





If CU doesn't have the newspaper you're looking for...

For current students, staff and faculty of CU:

You can request that the Interlibrary Loan office borrow the material you're looking for through Interlibrary Loan (there is usually no fee for this service for CU affiliates).


For public patrons:

Use of Interlibrary Loan is restricted to current students, staff and faculty of CU. You can request materials through your local public or other library.