Libraries Information Technology Department
Libraries Information Technology (LIT) provides services and support for a broad range of information technology (IT) activities for the University Libraries. The department works in close partnership with all other Libraries units, the Office of Information Technology and University Information Systems, and a broad array of third-party vendors. The LIT department centralizes IT infrastructure and related services including IT strategy, webmaster functions, web development, coordination and support of digital user experience testing, digitization services, audio-visual media production, and IT support of libraries operations, new libraries service initiatives, and libraries faculty research. Services critical to the instructional and research missions of the University are provided 24/7/365 to the entire campus community as well as to all citizens of Colorado and Wyoming in keeping with the campus’s participation in the federal depository program.
Dedicated Desktop Support -- Which Help Ticket System to Use?
- If you’re not sure which ticketing system to use, use the DDS ticket system and we’ll take care of routing the ticket as needed.
- Please help us better manage/track all IT requests by using one of the ticketing systems below, rather than via direct contact to specific Libraries IT or procurement staff.
OIT / Dedicated Desktop Support (DDS) Ticketing System
- Access via the “Get Desktop Support” icon on your desk, or via http://desktopsupport.colorado.edu.
- Use for all hardware issues, including requests for new hardware (computers, printers, scanners, peripherals, etc.).
- Use for software issues and requests for new software with the following exceptions:
- Catalog, ILLiad, link resolver, Summon, library e-resources/databases, Luna, Archivespace
- Any other software specific to libraries
- Use for issues related to Internet connectivity.
- Use for issues related to public/lab computers.
LIT / WebHelpDesk (Libraries Internal) Ticketing System
- Access at http://libwhd.colorado.edu
- Use for library software applications, library e-resources/databases, building issues, anything else.